Search and Yee shall find (Maybe)

Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday Insanity


It's the middle of the night. I am currently in a deep sleep brought on by a turkey and wine induced coma.

It's hard to believe that while I am in my chambers, at the Bytes Estate, sound asleep that there are people camped out in parking lots waiting to barge through the doors of retailers. Shopping in the middle of the night!? It must be Black Friday.

I never understood what the fascination is with Black Friday. Why would anyone want to go shopping in the middle of the night just to save a few bucks. Are the savings worth getting seriously injured by people trampling you when the doors open. Hospital bills can be expensive.

 I believe you can find good deals online without having to venture out in the middle of the night and risking life and limb.

The perception is that Black Friday shoppers are mostly women "women be shoppin'" but there seems to be a fair amount of guys now drinking the Black Friday "Kool Aid". It's insane.

Also, most people have a four day weekend for the Thanksgiving holiday. Do you really want to get up early on a day off from your jobs. You should be sleeping in. The holidays are suppose to be for relaxing.

It's a free country so do what you want. I guess if people are crazy enough to go shopping in the middle of the night there will be retailers who will be open.

I just woke up..now I am going back to sleep..

No comments: