Search and Yee shall find (Maybe)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day


There have been many of them this year for kids and school teachers. For me, today was my first Snow day this winter.

I woke up this morning to find snow falling and several inches of snow on the roads. I thought about driving to work, but decided to work from home.

Some of my fellow workers and my boss are critical of those who call off of work when it snows. My response to all of them is simply, "Why take the risk?"

The way I see it, unless you are a snow plow driver, nurse, doctor, news anchor/reporter, or any other essential worker you do not need to to risk your life driving in the snow.

Think about it, is your job really worth it for you to be driving on snowy roadways? Most jobs are not that important where it can't wait a day or two for conditions to improve.

If you are a boss or supervisor who is reading this blog entry and disagree with my opinion on snow days, let me know where you work so I never apply for a job there.

In closing, stay home if the roads are bad. It's not worth the aggravation.

1 comment:

Michelle D said...

I use G's school closing as my excuse and that seems to work just fine. I, however, am allowed to work from home....not all people are as lucky.