Search and Yee shall find (Maybe)

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

It's almost here. The preparation is almost over. The shopping should be done.

Christmas Eve seems to come faster each year I get older. This was a very hectic year for myself and for most of you. Busy work schedules, the economy, and high unemployment have been on the minds of many. I hope you can take time to relax and forget your problems through the Christmas Season.

My family tries to keep some of the same Christmas Eve traditions that my grandparents and great-parents (and their grand parents) kept many years ago.

Christmas Eve celebrations starts with a meatless dinner starting no earlier then 6PM. The main menu items are fish and pierogi and delicious desserts such as nutroll and poppyseed.

However, some of the traditions have disappeared over the years. Christmas gifts are now exchanged on Christmas Day and going to Midnight Mass is not the "norm." anymore.

Whatever your Holiday traditions are, I want to wish you all A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Feel free to pretend to warm yourself by the fire. Please do not disturb the dog and cat.

No comments: