Search and Yee shall find (Maybe)

Monday, November 22, 2010

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles


I was looking through TV guide looking for any good movies on this Thanksgiving week.

To my dismay, I noticed the Christmas movie season has already started. The movie "Elf" was twice on Sunday. I won't even mention the "made for TV movies" on Lifetime and Hallmark."

Are there no Thanksgiving movies that people want to watch?

There is one movie: "Planes, Train's & Automoblies"

The movie is about ad advertising executive and a shower curtain ring salesman try to get back to Chicago in time for Thanksgiving and have many misadventures. A Classic with the great Steve Martin and the late great John Candy.

Take a guess on how many times this movie will be on Thanksgiving weekend? None!

The movie "Groundhog Day" is on many times in early February. "Christmas Story" has a 24 hour marathon on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and yet no television station could bother to air "Planes, Train's & Automobiles even once this Thanksgiving.

I will have to compose an e-mail to my cable company and Steve Martin. Hopefully, this oversight will be corrected for next year. Guess I will just have to settle for clips from Youtube.



No comments: