Search and Yee shall find (Maybe)

Monday, September 21, 2009

Humerous Grave Monument

I was visiting the Find A Grave website and discovered there is a section called: Interesting monuments.

I viewed most of them, but the one that actually gave me a chuckle is about a man named Archie Arnold.

Mr. Arnold was said to have been a prankster with a terrific sense of humor. One day he accidentally drove over two parking meters. After paying to have the parking meters replaced, he asked if he could keep the parking meters he damaged.

He then fixed them up welding the coin slot so the parking meters would stay on "EXPIRED."

Mr. Arnold then instructed that after he died that the two meters would be placed on each side of his monument. He was aware his death would be sooner then later as he was suffering from liver disease.


Photo Courtesy of Find A Grave

I never met Mr. Arnold but imagine he would have been allot of fun to be around.

R.I.P. Archie. I am sure you are missed.

1 comment:

Barry said...

Obviously my kind of guy! Thanks for sharing.