Search and Yee shall find (Maybe)

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thunderstorms

Photo Credit: US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

It looks like the weather forecast is calling for possible thunderstorms this afternoon and evening.

I have been fascinated with thunderstorms for as long as I can remember. You can find me tracking these storms on radar and outside when it reaches my home.

I have an interest in all types of weather, however thunderstorms are my favorite. I think the reason is because they normally do not last to long and most thunderstorms only do minor damage.

Well back to watching the radar.

3 comments:

Barry said...

Through an odd sense of timing, my blog is about thunderstorms today too.

I'm certainly fascinated by them as well.rifit

Patty said...

I love thunderstorms, too. I could just run around in them all day. Until I get struck by lightening and die, of course.

Thanks for visiting my blog. If you have a camera, you should think about joining us in our My Town Shoot Out. Email if you have any questions. I have an "in progress" blog that lays out all the answers if you have any questions.

Happy Memorial Day.

Barbara Martin said...

Some of the best light shows I have seen were the summer thunderstorms in Montreal.

Out west where I'm from there is an odd type of lightning called 'sheet lightning' where it comes crashing down in a long thin sheet.