Search and Yee shall find (Maybe)

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Daylight Savings Time


Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour before you go to bed tonight.
Daylight Savings Time is upon us once again for most of the United States.(Except for Arizona, Hawaii, and some parts of Indiana, why exactly is that?)

All week I have heard people say that we will lose an hour this weekend, or that we lose an hour of sleep.

Wrong.

No one is losing an hour this weekend. There are twenty four hours in one day, everyday, no exceptions. I do not recall any day of the year where there are only twenty three hours.

Secondly, no one is losing an hour hour of sleep. Either go to bed an hour early or sleep in an extra hour. Problem solved.

I believe Daylight Savings Time should be all year. Agree or Disagree?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I don't like the switching around of the time. I grew up in Indiana and they didn't have Daylight Savings Time until recently.