Search and Yee shall find (Maybe)

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII


The kickoff time for Super Bowl XLIII is approximately ten hours away and, like most people, I will be on my couch with a beer and pizza in my hand enjoying the company of friends.

The Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals face off in what could be a competitive game.

I have been a Steelers fan for many years and want them to win.

In truth, it doesn't really matter who is playing tonight. The Super Bowl is the one game where football fans will watch no matter what team is playing. I have never heard anyone say they were not watching the Super Bowl because there team was not in it.

The Super Bowl is not merely a football game but a celebration where football and non football fans come together to watch the game in harmony and enjoy their favorite food and drink.

The Super Bowl has become the Thanksgiving of February.

So let us give thanks for the game, the commercials, the halftime show, the good food and libations that make most people look forward to Super Bowl Sunday. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Superbowl is definitely the 'Thanksgiving of February'

I'm a Pat's fan, but my hubby is a die-hard Steeler's fan... I have to say I'm so glad that the Steeler's didn't go down like the Pat's did last year!
My house looks like the Steeler's Commercial, "What's With The Lamp?" right now... but next year, hopefully the Patriots will be back!!!