Search and Yee shall find (Maybe)

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Obama's not Amused

The Obama administration is on it's third day and the Vice President has already put his foot in his mouth.
( I had a week in the office pool.)

Vice President Joe Biden was unaware that he was to swear in the senior staff at a White House ceremony on Wednesday.

Joe Biden tried to make light of being unprepared by making a joke that his memory was not as good as John Roberts, The Chief Justice of the United States.

It sounded like those in attendance had a good laugh. With the exception of his boss.
The President of the United States.
President Obama was clearly not amused with his Vice President.

When I first saw this on the news, my first inclination was that Obama could not take a joke.

However, I thought more about it and realized that Obama was right not to dignify this "joke" with laughter.

I believe by not condoning Biden's remarks, Obama made a point that this type of behavior will not be tolerated from anyone in his administration.

I can respect Obama's reaction.

Anyone want to bet on when Joe Biden's next gaffe will be?

Below is a clip of the Vice President's gaffe from You Tube.

Saturday Night Live will probably have a field day with this:




3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Informative post. I'll visit again.

Barbara Martin said...

It will be interesting to see what the eventual outcome is.

Lauren said...

It's not just Biden, but also the secretary (either his or whoever scheduled it). I'm sure that he is not in charge of his own schedule.

I agree with Obama's reaction, however. Not really something to make light of and it sets up expectations for his team in the future.